Have you ever wondered why people give to others and expect nothing in return? It’s not like they are paying back a debt, they give just to give or Pay it Forward, for no reason at all.
Maybe not. When I launched my book Wellness Warrior – Fighting for Life in Fabulous Shoes, my intention was to reach as many people as possible with the message that you can be Well without perfect health. To do that, I needed to tell a few friends, who told some friends to expand my reach.
So I decided to set up the Pay it Forward Campaign.
This program is super easy and super effective. All you have to do is follow a few steps here and give me your friend’s name and email (completely spam free). I send your recipient the download of my book from you and a note from me.
Wanna know why I do it? Here are a few great reasons:
- We have all had someone we care about fall victim to illness and didn’t know what to do. I’ve been on both sides of that coin. Reaching out spontaneously with a little gift of a book that benefits them with a kind note is the best way to show you care.
- By explaining to as many people as possible the roadmap to get out of disease hell, we can change the current medical model of symptom treatment and explore looking at the patient as a complete person mind, body, and soul.
- Giving shows compassion.
- Mindfulness creates a better more aware world.
- There is a point in everyone’s life where they want to give up. Paying it forward brings hope to the hopeless.
- To empower those with no power left and remind them to never, ever give up.
- When I was in bed for almost two years, I counted on friends and family to be my lifeline. They brought me information that helped me get out of bed which I would have never know about. Friends are powerful healers. Friends with great, uplifting easy to read books are even better.
- Paying it Forward makes us feel good about ourselves that we are doing great things in the world
- When we are stuck in any situation, just knowing there is someone out there pulling for us could make all the difference.
- Sending love directly to someone you care about is the best medicine of all.